In this assignment you will write an essay on what the Bible says about a contemporary issue. You will choose from a list of topics and look at verses from the Bible that might address the issue to form a view on how Christians should act in response. You can also look at how your religion/worldview/holy book might address the topic and you can compare these two approaches.
This essay is worth 40% of your mark and is 2000 words long.
Here is what you need to do
1. Choose one of the following topics
– Women’s Rights
– Corrupt political leadership
2. Look up verses in the Bible that might speak to this topic. (Do not look up what other Christians say on the topic, just the Bible verses)
3. Write down a summary of each verse and how it might address the topic you have chosen
4. Summarise your findings in a few paragraphs
5. Look up what your worldview, religion or holy book might say on the topic
6. Summarise this material into a few paragraphs
7. Compare the two worldviews