For the Proposal Introduction, you will need to identifya 501 (c) (3) organization to serve as a non-profit entity for which you have been employed, hypothetically, to design and write a Grant Proposal. Do not contact the organization. Due to the time restrictions of this course, you will not be able to successfully work with a real organization. Since all the information you need may not be available to the public you will need to create information to fill in the blanks. This includes creating the project/event/research you are seeking to fund. This involves some creative writing on your part.
Length of the assignment: No less than 2 pages with the use of headings, and should include the following Non-Profit Organizational data:
1. Name, address, and website
2. Mission Statement
3. A Listing of the Board of Directors [last name only]
4. Board of Directors annual meeting date
5. Organizational Chart [on a separate page with lines of authority]
6. Name & contact data of its Executive Director
7. A short paragraph summarizing the project or research idea you are seeking to have funded
List the information under each heading then end with a summary of your project idea. The organizational chart can be presented in the word document, excel, powerpoint, or other software as long as it can be opened and reviewed.