The purpose of this individual assessment is to give students an opportunity to create an integrated project management plan that meets industry standards and objectives. In analysing the organisational factors that promote effective project management, students will also consider factors that may give rise to ethical compromises.
Presume that you have just been employed by one of the companies listed below to manage an opening of a new office in Canberra.
For the purposes of this assessment, you are to assume the office/venue in Canberra will be an identical model and operations, with the location being entirely sustainable (without goods/services being shared between the two locations).
Within your research consider the size, location, and requirements of the new office in Canberra and make sure you identify the unique operational, management and procurement needs of the company you select. When considering your plan, think about the various operational and logistical needs of your chosen company to begin operations in Canberra.
Your final proposal must include the following:
- A one-page executive summary that covers all of the significant proposal items (not included in the page limit)
- A one-page overview of the company, its operations and identification of the essential requirements for the
- The following original documents as part of your Word document submission (not in pdf or other formats):
- Work Breakdown Structure, highlighting the main tasks and elements of your
- A Gantt chart, showing the main tasks and overall schedule of your project.
- A scheduling flowchart, showing the links and connections between your various
- Risk assessment matrix, highlighting the risks and their potential impact (likelihood and severity) on your
Your plan should detail everything that is required to have an open, functioning location of the same standards and specifications as the existing location. You do not, however, need to consider any elements relating to marketing, communications or other methods of gaining new customers for this location.
In preparing this proposal, you will need to utilise relevant theories and concepts covered in weeks 1 to 12 and use at least 10 sources of information and reference these in accordance with the Kaplan Harvard Referencing Style. These may include websites, government publications, industry reports, census data, journal articles, and newspaper articles. These references should be presented as in-text citations and a reference list at the end of your proposal. Wikipedia and other ‘popular’ sites are not to be used.