Final Video PresentationNo unread replies.No replies.
This assignment is intended to help you learn to:
- Design a healthcare management leadership model to influence organizational change, performance improvement, and financial stability.
- Explain how a healthcare leader’s mastery of competencies influence processes, motivation, interpersonal relationships, and communication capabilities.
- Give an effective presentation to a leadership team.
Imagine that you’re applying for a position in a healthcare organization. You’ve been asked to give a brief presentation to the search committee about leadership in healthcare management. Create a 15-20 minute video presentation:
- Identify a specific issue within the organization.
- Describe an original leadership model based on principles (models, theories, etc.) you have explored throughout this course and the healthcare program.
- Describe your strategy for ensuring the model is adopted by the healthcare organization. Identify specific stakeholders within the organization who are key to adopting your model. Describe your strategy for obtaining their buy-in.
- Explain your evaluation plan for determining the model’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Describe the impacts you believe your model will have on processes, motivation, interpersonal relationships, and communication capabilities. Address quality, performance, finances, and organization change management.
- Make sure to credit the sources on which you based your leadership model.
Include a title slide at the beginning and a References slide at the end. Format your references in APA style.
Save your narrated PowerPoint as a video file. Upload the video file to a video sharing site like YouTube. Post the link to your video in the discussion. You must post before you will be able to see your classmates’ posts.
- Read the assignment rubric.
- Create your narrated PowerPoint, save it as a video, upload it, and post the link to it as directed in the overview.
Read the assignment rubric to understand how your work will be assessed.
This assignment is also used to assess B.S. in HCM Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) and Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) through the rubric. The PLO/ILO assessment will appear as separate rows within the rubric; they will not contribute points to the assignment.
For your information, the following PLOs are being assessed:
- PLO 1: Knowledge: Demonstrate the ability to recognize and articulate facts, concepts, and procedures related to healthcare management theories and practices.
- PLO 2: Comprehension and Synthesis: Be able to integrate the healthcare management theories, principles, and practices for future application.
- PLO 3: Application: Demonstrate the ability to systematically apply communication, technical, and analytical knowledge and skills to administrative and clinical healthcare management problem solving.
- PLO 5: Creation: Be able to plan, design, and create solutions to address and solve societal, cultural, and environmental healthcare issues.
The ILOs are:
- ILO 1) Communication: Communicate professionally using a variety of modalities (written, spoken, and technological).
- ILO 3) Civic and Global Engagement: Integrate knowledge and skills to engage with and respond to social, environmental, and economic challenges at local, national, and global levels.