Assignment 1 (Written Assignment)
Value: 35% of assessment
Word Length: 2000 word essay ± 10%
Submission Date: 31 March, 2015
Consumer Decision-making – External Factors
- Please select at least one product/service (or a number of products/services or a combination of both) and discuss the influence of different ‘External Factors’ on a consumer’s decision-making process for that product or service.
- The discussion needs to include the influences of reference groups; the family; social class; cultural and sub-cultural aspects; and the relevance of the opinion leaders in relation to the chosen product/service.
- Obviously some theories and concepts in Chapters 1-5 will be more relevant to this assignment.
- You must choose which ones are more relevant and explain why they are more relevant.
- You must applythe concepts and theories you have learned from your reading of the text to the selected product/service and consumer decision-making process and not just list or describe them.
In your answer you must argue for why the external factors you have chosen are more important in terms of influencing a consumer’s decision-making for your example/s product or service than the ones you haven’t chosen. In other words, you need to demonstrate that you understand the influence that these factors are having on a consumer, decide which are more influential than others and explain why they are more influential.
You must use correct referencing of the textbook and other resources used in your assignment to pass the assignment. Use of more references may attract higher marks. Marks will be deducted for incorrect referencing and poor presentation (ie., spelling and grammar). If there is no referencing in your assignment it will be deemed to be plagiarism and the plagiarism policy will be enforced. You will receive a higher mark for applying a critical analysis to your discussion.
Please refer to the marking template below for the way in which the marks will be distributed. Also refer to the grading system outlined in this unit guide for how grades are given for the assignment.
What We Offer:
• On-time delivery guarantee
• PhD-level professional writers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• 100% money-back guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• High Quality custom-written papers